Friday, September 21, 2012

A Character Design Ramble

Giancarlo Volpe, one of the animation directors on Avatar: The Last Airbender, is now producing a CG Green Lantern animated series on Cartoon Network. I've seen some of the show's characters pop up on Tumblr recently and I thought I might watch an episode or two. It's a fun series, the animation is really well done for a TV production, but my favorite thing about it is the character design. Volpe is producing the series along with Bruce Timm, whose distinctive style carries the look of the show. Timm is best known for his work in the DC Universe, particularly Batman: The Animated Series. I love his work. Below is a drawing of the character Razer, whose has one of my favorite designs. Adding GLTAS to the list of shows I'd like to work on :P
-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment