Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stuff 1.27.13

One of my favorite things to do is look at the improvement I've made over the years. I get so many people on deviantART going "Wow, you've improved so much!", which is fun (my dA gallery goes back over 8 years). The two drawings below show how much my work has changed in a few years. The bottom one is one of the first drawings I did after I got my first Wacom tablet in the summer of 2009. I'm thinking I should start doing a comic/graphic novel that actually has this character in it, but comics are so intimidating. My goal in the next few weeks is to suck it up and start it, even though I feel like I'm not ready/good enough yet.
 2013
(In which a red-headed girl looks like she's been offended by a wire.)


2009 
(In which a red-headed girl smiles like an idiot.)

The past few weeks I've been watching some Saturday morning cartoons, just to get kind of familiar with what's going on right now in the industry and who's working on what. There's some good stuff out there! I was impressed by the The Clone Wars series (the visuals/lighting are insanely good for a tv series) and the storytelling of the Green Lantern animated series, which made the bold decision to kill off a main character in yesterday's episode.  I'm still waiting for an animated series that can match Avatar, though... hopefully someday.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment