Monday, August 8, 2011

DCI and Old Sketchbook Doodles

So Saturday night my friends and I drove down to Allentown to see the DCI show. For the uninitiated, DCI is Drum Corps International, and it's basically marching band on steroids. It's awesome. Anyway, I was looking through my sketchbook from last summer, and I found these doodles of three different corps uniforms. Carolina Crown, The Cavaliers, and The Cadets:
Some of the uniforms (particularly Crown's) have changed this year, but I figured I'd post the old ones anyway. Whee! I've always thought marching band uniforms are really cool, and I like the direction that they're going in these days. Much more sleek and streamlined, and lets be honest, totally badass.
For a taste of drum corps, here's a video of The Cadets playing Don't Stop Believing: 
Anyway. Here are some other doodles I found while looking through my old sketchbook. Last summer wasn't very good. I wasn't in a good mental place-- I was still recovering from a panic attack I had in the Spring, and I had a horrible semester because the two sophomore illustration professors decided it would be a good idea to go on sabbatical at the same time, and screw all their students over. So because of all this, I was very uninspired, but looking back I felt like I did make some good art! Here is a little of it:
A pirateish girl:

 A girl from a story I wrote when I was 12. Story was crap, but I still love the character:
A girl lying in some grass:
A girl you don't want to mess with:
I think this is supposed to be Katniss from The Hunger Games:
Soldiery guy and angry girl:
Scarlett O'Hara. This one's actually a more recent drawing:
Fin.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment