Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dragon Chase Color Comps

 Some color comps for the promotional business card piece. It's a tough one... I'm not completely satisfied with these, but I've been staring at them all afternoon, so I figured it'd be best to take a break for a little while. Here are three slightly different color studies. I think I'm closest with the third one, but it's not there yet.




And then I have other issues to deal with, like cropping. This piece isn't feeling as exciting/dynamic as it was to me as a sketch, and I think part of that is the framing. I tried cropping it down a little so the horse felt like it was more in the corner, and it seemed to help a little. Maybe? I need to stop staring at it for a while....

More to come on this one soon.
-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment