Sunday, September 4, 2011

Senior Year!

It's senior year! Woo!

I had my first week of classes, and so far I'm really excited about everything. I'm ready to be drawing and promoting myself and being a real person. Huzzah! So here is some of the stuff that I've done this first week...

For James, we are making promotional cards. He wanted us to draw anything that we wanted; something that captures the essence of our art, and catches the eye. To capture the essence of me in one drawing, I knew it had to have a few things in it: a girl, a horse, a crazy/dynamic angle, and an element of fantasy. So that's what I drew. Here are two thumbnails. I think I'm going to go with the one on the top:

For Roger, we have to do an illustration of an animal doing something human. I decided to do a mad scientist bunny. Because I can. (He is inspired by a bunny I used to have, Bun Bun, who was awesome, but evil. But awesome.)

For Jerome Witkin's figure drawing class, we had to copy a drawing of a nude guy. Here's my drawing:
And for Concepts, our instructor for 5 weeks is a comic artist, Dave DeVries. He's awesome. We have to do a two-page comic and a cover... the premise is that in the first panel the main character has to die. I have the thumbnails done, and I'm excited about it, but they're so sketchy that putting them up wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, so I will upload something when I have slightly more refined sketches. So anyway. Yay! Senior year! Off to a good start :)

Oh, and this is what I've been doing in the in-between time:


-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment