Friday, July 22, 2011

It's A Magical Internet

Just a quick blogitty update. My art has been featured in a couple different places in the past few days! First, on the official Buffy Facebook page, two of my pieces have been featured in a fan art contest. In an attempt to get more votes for the Trio piece (right)-- link -- I enlisted the help of actor Tom Lenk (who played Andrew on Buffy. He's the guy in the center) on Twitter and asked him to vote for it by 'Liking' it on Facebook, and he did! I think it's all pretty fun; being able to show some of my cartoon caricatures to the actors and actually get a response. Fun and satisfying!

Also, my Firefly piece was featured on io9-- link -- and was linked to by the Joss Whedon fansite Whedonesque. Cool! And a few weeks ago I was offered a Firefly-related commission from a UK fansite. I'm not sure if it's actually going to happen anymore, but if it does I'm sure you'll hear more about it on here. If it doesn't... oh wells, I guess. It's just exciting that people can stumble across your art online so easily. I've been feeling really good about my art lately, and I think it has a lot to do with some of the recognition I've been getting online. It is indeed a magical internet.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment